Monday, December 8, 2008

Ok so here it begins.....

So most of you don't know me, and I will be posting under an alias. I must. I have children, and well to be honest, I am not sure what kind of traffic I will be getting. My family and I recently purchased a house in North Minneapolis....We worked very hard on the place to make it everything we would dreamed it to be. We bought this house in an area, that I would have never had rented....and I MEAN EVER!!!!! We have in the past looked at properties over here while we was still renting. To be honest NO way!!! It was in the only way to put it the ZONE. For those who dont know what that is, that there is more drive by shootings......drug dealers....and fucked up landlords....who just don't give a damn about their properties, only about getting their rent money every month... But, I am here.....In the Hawthorn Neighborhood...and I LOVE IT, there is things that need to be fixed, and I hope that I am part of the solution and not part of the problem.
SO with that you know where I come from..... SO as I was going to pick up my kids from school nd there is this abandoned house on the corner of 31st and 4th that has windows broke out and the door kicked in.....I called 311 and got a reference number and they said that they had until December 12, 2008 to comply with the housing code...in other words...we are lazy and don't feel like doing it right now. Around the corner from me some vagrants had pulled a board off a boarded house and started staying there....the sad thing is that when I called the police they found a little boy in there...I feel bad for the family.....but....I feel worse for the problem properties?? I am a big baby..... Then there is another house.....2207 4th st that decided that they was going to throw a party.....> How do I know Let me just tell you that THEY SPRAYED PAINTED the advertisment on the front of the house..WHAT A EYE SORE!!!!!!! I hate driving by there and still seeing it...I contacted the city via problem properties, I contacted the police and 311 and the spray painting is still there.....the home owner is cool wit it I guess since he friggen did it......There is more info I believe on Johnny Northsides blog.........at least a lil more.....so With that I am going to go...I got to do somethings.....Stay safe in the snow.....3-6 inches tonight.....Til Then B

No comments: