Monday, December 15, 2008

Mystery on the 2200 Block

I am sorry I can not upload photos, at this time. Police taped off five houses down. The open lot and the boarded up house. I attempted to snap a photo, but was asked not to at current time. I will take a picture tomorrow.

Later in the afternoon, we heard the sirens come down the street. I observed police fish tailing in and out of the alley ways. After returning with my children, police were in the alley between 23rd and 22nd, as the evening approached, my husband said that detectives were in the alley with flash lights. I am not sure what time we finally came outside, but I see the police the taping off on the other side of Karens' property (the house after the open lot) So, I am going to watch the news and see what happened.

It is almost scary not know what is going on so close to home. To find out our neighbors have been burgerlized and now this mystery.

This is our homes...for some our livelihood. Our children are here, our family is here. Our community is outside these doors that we want to feel safe in. Before, I moved here, I am well aware of the problems that the fellow neighbors endured. These vacant houses and garages are becoming more of a problem then an eyesore, even with the understanding that my house once was that atrocity that embittered majority of the neighbors.

It is alarming to see that so many things that have continued for so long is almost as if it isn't there any longer, we become accustom to the riff raff that surrounds us. Yes, we call the police, we call 311 we complain at the neighborhood meetings. We write letters to property owners, we blog; complain to our neighbors, for what? What is the ultimate goal that we wish to accomplish, to live in a Utopian Society?

I don't know if any one else, but I, fight to make sure my children don't become mischief and mayhem in our neighborhood. I try to teach my children humility and passion, and it isn't easy. I am not sure at this point if I even accomplished anything with them. What I would like to see is that we all band together, take back these streets, Get rid of these vacant properties but, not to more problems but to better our streets.

Frustrated in North; Stacy

No comments: